1784 -- December 21, 1784 -- Famous Christmas Conference in Baltimore with 63 of 84 preachers present. The Methodist Societies were given the name of Methodist Episcopal Church. The first Discipline was adopted.
1787 -- Name of New town (establihsed in 1783) changed to Wadesboro.
1787 -- Beverlay Allen, a Methodist minister sent to Georgia to preach, stopped in Anson County and wrote John Wesley that hundreds flocked to hear the "Word of the Lord."
1796 -- General Conference formed six annual conferences. Georgia, South Carolina, and all but the northeastern section of N.C. were in the South Carolina Conference. Pee Dee and Anson District, later Little Pee Dee of Anson, then Rocky River were in this conference.
1801 -- Bishop Asbury wrote in his journal about holding a meeting in Anson "underneath the court house within the arches."
1802 -- Listed in Camden District of South Carolina Conference.
1806 -- Changed to Rocky River Circuit.
1809 -- Still Rocky RiverCircuit, but in Catawba District.
1825 -- Still Rocky River Circuit, Cheraw District, S.C. Conference.
1828 -- Now placed in lincolnton District.
1832 -- First deed recorded for a Methodist Church lot in Wadesboro.
1834 -- Wadesboro Circuit listed in minutes.
1850 -- South Carolina Annual Conference was intertained in Wadesboro.
1853 -- Wadesboro Station listed, Georgetown Dist., S.C. Conference.
1854 -- Charlotte District --
1859-1870 -- Wadesboro District, still in S.C. Conference.
1866-1871 -- Wadesboro Station and Circuit were combined -- reconstruction days.
1871 -- NORTH CAROLINA CONFERENCE -- Still in Charlotte District.
1872 -- Wadesboro and Bethel together, then Wadesboro became a station and remained one.
1888-1889 -- Drive for New Church Building -- Young people led a fund-raising campaign and called it "Buy a Brick."
1891 -- Cornerstone fo Church laid -- MOved into new building 1892.
1908 -- New Parsonage built on s. Greene Street (Now Anson Savings and Loan).
1913 -- April 9, following committee was appointed to make plans and specifications for addition to church. W.P. Parsons, F.W. Dunlap, U.B. Blalock, J.W. Gulledge, W.P. Ledbetter and T.C. Coxe.
1914 -- Educational building added to church.
1918 -- Feb. 3 -- Called meeting of Board of Stewards to make plans for raising money with which to pay balance due on S.S. building. Borrowed $2500.00 from Building and Loan. Dedication of building came late in that year.
1920 -- Organ purchased from Estey Organ Company and installed -- $3300.00. (Organ was sold and removed prior to razing old Sanctuary in 1959.)
1923 -- April 16 -- R.L. Lindsey was appointed to confer with contractors in regard to installation of furnace.
1924 -- May 7 -- T.C. Coxe was appointed to supervise installation of toilets in church.
1939 -- Marlsgate, John J. Dunlap residence, purchased for parsonage and youth work.
1945 -- Large lot on Leak Avenue and Hall Street purchased for parsonage.
1946 -- P.B. Beachum house on East Morgan Street purchased for future expansion by Hal Little, W. Bryan Moore, Tom M. Little, Charles Little, T.C. Coxe, Harry Hodges, Sr., Fred Teal, P.P. Scarborough and given to church.
1946 -- Hardison Corn Mill lot purchased and given to church by
w. Bryan Moore.
1946 -- Began work on building new parsonage.
1950 -- November 20 -- Dedication of parsonage by Bishop Coston H. Harrell and Paul N. Garber.
1952 -- July -- Contract awarded for building of Educational Building.
1953 -- July 12 - Formal opening of Educational Building.
1954 -- March 28 --Dedication of Educational Building by Bishop Coston H. Harrell.
1954 -- September 12 -- Organ dedicated.
1959 -- April 5 -- Final Services in Sanctuary of 1891 Church --
April 12 -- Three S.S. Classes move to new Educational Building and worship services held in Fellowship Hall.
June -- Contract awarded for building of new Sanctuary --
July 29 -- Ground breaking for Sanctuary led by Bishop Nolan B. Harmon, Tom Little, chairman of building committee, Rev. Paul Hamilton, Miss Bessie Plunkett, Harry Hodges, McRae Covington, Connie Buff, David Blalock, and LeGrand Bennett representing First Baptist Church.
1961 -- January 15 -- Opening services in new Sanctuary, led by Bishop Paul Hardin, Jr., former pastor.
1962 -- Church Parlor decorated and furnished.
1964 -- Parcel of land back of church lot given by Mrs. J.M. Covington Sr.
1965 -- October 24 -- Dedication of Pipe Organ followed by recital.
1966 -- January 16 -- Dedication of Sanctuary by Bishop Earl Hunt.
Sixth generation families are members of Wadesboro Methodist Church.
From Dedication of Sanctuary Commemorative Program, January 16, 1966.